DENTAL ASSISTANTS RECOGNITION WEEK
Lauren Lewis | March 2017
By Dr. Shailja Ensor
Dental assistants are a key part of our dental practice year-round, but this week is a special week dedicated to honoring them for the variety of duties they perform. Dental Assistants Recognition Week (March 5-11) celebrates and honors our hard-working dental assistants for the variety of duties they perform, helping to provide our patients with quality dental care. The American Dental Association is using this year’s theme, “Patient focused with passion and purpose” to acknowledge the growing importance of dentistry’s role in health care and the responsibilities of dental assistants.
According to the American Dental Assistants Association “The role of the dental assistant has evolved over the years, contributing to quality dental care. Whether working chair-side, managing various aspects of the dental office or the laboratory, working in dental sales or educating future dental assistants, today’s dental assistants are role models of a professional and progressive force in the field of dentistry.”
We are fortunate to have a group of dedicated and excellent dental assistants as part of our professional team. It gives us great pleasure to recognize them for all of their hard work and the contributions they make to your overall oral health:
- Kathy has been with us for over 40 years, serving multiple generations of patients. Patients are known to ask for her by name because she is such a familiar face within our practice.
- Charisse has a friendly way with patients, putting them at ease during procedures. She and I work seamlessly together, which makes for an excellent experience for our patients
- Charlotte is totally dedicated to our practice, driving 3 hours round trip to provide excellent care for our patients. She is a calming presence in the OR with Dr. Lewis
- Joe, always has a smile on his face and works so well with our special needs adult patients
Assisting Dr Johnson in orthodontics, we want to recognize:
- TY, who has been with our practice for about 30 years. She knows, and welcomes, every patient who walks through our door, making them feel at home
- Jodi, has been with us on and off for at least 25 years. She has a kind way about her and loves educating her patients
EJL is proud to celebrate and acknowledge the hard work, training and importance of our dental assistants. Contributing to quality dental care, today’s dental assistants are role models of professional development. We want to thank you for your part in giving our patients healthy smiles!